Friday, July 9, 2010

There's no place like Up North

The last two weekends were spent at the cabin up by Ely. Although it's a long drive (about 4.5 hours including stops for bathroom breaks, snacks and gas) it's completely worth getting out of the city and enjoying the fresh air and surrounding woods.  My parents have been doing some home improvements over the past three years including turning the garage until a bedroom that sleeps 5 with room to spare, remodeling the kitchen and lots of painting and carpet squares. Hopefully Abhrajeet and I have their determination and enough DIY motivation to fix up our new house.

Abhrajeet and I received matching life jackets as a graduation gift from my parents knowing they would be used all summer. I found a new hobby at the cabin this summer.. Kayaking (it's oh so fun!) It's much faster than the canoe and it feels like your skimming on the water. One of my post-graduation goals was to canoe at sunset with the loons which was competed!
 
 

Abhrajeet's a big fan of fishing (although he hasn't caught anything for the past 2 years). I'm more of a fan of eating twizzlers and casting my fishing pole.

The daisies remind me of my grandma's house. I've never noticed so many of them until this year. Since it was an early spring, the lupins in our yard bloomed a few weeks ago so there wasn't a massive field of them for the 4th.

It's just perfect up there. It's nice not to have access to internet and to 'accidentally forget' the phone charger.

Sadly it's back to reality. We can't wait to go back up in the fall

No comments:

Post a Comment