Thursday, July 8, 2010

Catch up - India, House, Garden...

We've been slacking on this blog - but for good reason. So many things are happening this summer it's hard to find time to just relax. Many of you already know Abhrajeet and I are going to be traveling around India for a month starting at the end of July. We will be arriving in Kolkata and traveling to Puri, New Deli, Mathura, Agra, Ahmadabad, Vadodara and Mumbai to name a few cities. Our travels will take us to some of the most important and oldest cities in the world.  We will be traveling and staying with Abhrajeet's family and family friends through out our entire trip. I tried to get a good base tan this past weekend at the cabin but we all know I will burn with my Minnesota skin. I'm looking forward to meeting more of Abhrajeet's family and finally being able to put a face to a name. Of course I will have my camera out the entire time to capture everything I can. Be sure to check back often for updates. If anyone has traveled to India recently let me know - I have plenty of questions.


Other news:
We have a house! Our karma couldn't be better. It's a little cottage style home, built in the 1920s in Minneapolis. It is absolutely perfect - I can't wait to begin decorating. It's close enough to the U of M for Abhrajeet's grad school and will be close enough to many graphic design firms. I could probably bike to work! We start moving in a few days after we come back from India. If you're in the area and are good/decent with a paint brush let us know. We would love the company.


Abhrajeet and I usually try to start a garden every summer but this summer it has really taken off. We have sun flowers, radish, bok choy, asparagus, tomatoes and some herbs. The photo was from the beginning of summer after we started the plants in pots. We dug out this entire section (man I wish I had a before photo) and added a barrier. You should see the plants now! I just hope everything is done right before we leave or when we come back. Much more gardening in our future.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to comment on this too because thats so exciting!! Congratulations on the house :) Its really cute (and you have grass, thats a plus)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Congrats!!! That is all so exciting! Let me know if you need any help moving/painting since I too now live in the Minneapolis area. It would be a great excuse to catch up on oh... the last 4 years.

    ReplyDelete