Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mehendi

*posted by Kayd

I got mehendi done on my hands and arms today! (this is the original henna tattoo, but mehendi is a vegetable product and completely natural). Didun called a friend who highly recommended the artist who did my mehendi. I thought this would take like 20 minutes, maybe an hour max. Instead, I had to sit for a total of almost four hours while the fronts and backs of my arms and hands were done. The mehendi was placed on my arms and had to dry overnight before I scraped it off to reveal the final, polished design. Since I couldn't use my hands the first night, Didun had to feed me dinner and Arny had to take out my contacts so I could sleep. It was a long process but I keep getting complimented on the intricate detail of the work and how beautiful the designs are.

The saying goes: the more beautiful your mehendi is, the more your mother-in-law loves you, and the darker your palms get, the more your husband loves you. As you can see, my mehendi is gorgeous and my palms got really dark. Looks like Abhrajeet and his mom Kakoli love me a lot!


3 comments:

  1. katie, this looks so neat!! it sounds like you guys are having a great time in your adventures and i'm pretty jealous of that. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love. Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous , Kayd ! and yes , Kakoli would have loved you , for sure .

    ReplyDelete