Sunday, January 10, 2010

Holiday Cards

Don't worry Aunty Tress ... the cards are on the way.

I owe my 2nd aunt (my grandma's sister) everything for being my best customer and patron. This year was my aunt's fourth Christmas ordering Holiday cards from me. She is a writer like no other - she sends you a Thank you card after you send her a thank you card - writing is just her thing.

Her stationery and cards vary from season to season. There was a period of time when they were photo cards of Northern Minnesota. The photo below of the boathouses is every one's favorite photo because it seems like I was the only one to have documented these before they were torn down. Photo cards of the boathouses can also be found at Jeannie's Gift Shop in Tower and in the Tower/Soudan Historical Museum.





This next photo was also a card and is a view from Tress and Rusty's dock. Eagle's nest is a beautiful lake - very calm, an occasional fishing boat and lots of loon calls.  I am very grateful to have spent many summers Up North and am excited for the summers to come




Below is a drawing I did back in 2007 and has been a Holiday card favorite. Original painting done by Morgan Weistling





And here are the cards that are in the mail soon to arrive in Illinois. A peacock - because Pavlich means peacock.



So once again, Thank you Aunty Tress.

The next thing on my to do list is a tax ID # for Kayd Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment