Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bring out the Sake


Thank goodness for winter break. This past semester was the busiest, most stressful semester and I can't wait until graduation in May. Winter break was nothing less than spectacular and can be summed up in the photo below. Weeds and Sake. 



We kicked off winter break with Abhrajeet's 22nd birthday. Sushi and sake seems to be our 'thing' when we go out so I thought I'd purchase a few bottles of sake to try at home.  It was a wonderful idea! The bottle on the right, the Raspberry Sake, was definitely our favorite and went down so smoothly. I'd highly recommend it.  Everyone has been talking about the tv series Weeds lately so I also bought two seasons. It's a great show and our next stop is Best Buy to buy the third and fourth seasons.



Instead of going out for Abhrajeet's birthday, all he wanted to do was grill. So in 15 degree, Minnesota cold weather, Abhrajeet was outside grilling steaks and lovin' every moment of it. He is quite a chef, I should have bought him an apron for Christmas to complete the look. We didn't just stop with the steaks, we made chili, philly cheese steaks, cookies, cake and other delicious combinations over the course of our break.





I'll get back to updating more later. Abhrajeet leaves on Tuesday and I'll be home for another three weeks playing with my new Nikon D90.


Happy New Years,
Abhrajeet and Kayd

No comments:

Post a Comment