Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer Internships

Abhrajeet and I both landed internships this summer in Minnesota. It's great to have him back in Eagan for the summer and it's even better that we were both able to find jobs so close to home.

After months of researching design firms, bugging the receptionists for information about summer job opportunities, setting up information meetings and networking anywhere and everywhere I went, I am ecstatic to be working for CaringBridge this summer. If you're not familiar with CaringBridge just check out their site - you've probably been on it before and not even known it! CaringBridge is a free, nonprofit web service that connects family and friends to share information, love and support during a health crisis, treatment and recovery. I was first introduced to the site back in highschool when a classmate of mine had a page. I saw how beneficial and powerful the journal entries were and how meaningful the guestbook was to the family.


My official title is Web Design Intern. (Pretty sweet right?) I create and program the templates users can use, send out reminder and thank you emails for donations made and will contribute to the corporate site. I'm starting to get more familiar with how to read code and what CSS has to offer.

But what kind of designer would I be if I didn't give my desk some flare?
I'm still not finished. The white paper behind is the blank slate ready for posers, cards and inspiration. I'll keep you updated if anything exciting happens with the desk.



3 comments:

  1. Is the empty Starbucks cup a permanent accessory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically! It's actually a hard plastic cup with an insulator. Pretty nifty right? I haven't been able to find anymore at Starbucks but you can still find them online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i heart u. this post is too cute!

    ReplyDelete