Friday, July 24, 2009

Up North

This year the 4th of July celebration was eventful to say the least. Over 70 family members traveled from California, Texas, Arizona, Illinois and Wisconsin to join in the family reunion. It was great to meet my dad's cousins who had not been up to the lake in 20 years and to hear stories of my grandparents and how life was back in the day.

This 8 day celebration was a bit exhausting but well worth all the time family put into making this a successful week. Each day, starting at 4 pm, everyone would gather at someone's cabin to eat and drink the night away. We caught up on what everyone had been doing for the last few years and what their kids were up to now. My cousins and I (the newer generation) learn how our great grandparents met and saw a slide show of the last family reunion when my dad was my age.




I absolutely love our place on Eagle's Nest. The water is always calm and only occasionally will you see a boat pulling a waterskiier or tuber. It's the perfect get away to forget all your troubles at home and enjoy nature. (did I also mention that there is not cell or internet service so you don't really have a choice but to sit back and relax?) I can't wait to go back up a few times before school starts up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment